Monday, August 7, 2006

Epiphanies



Epiphany
/n/ (e-pif-a-nee)
A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something, OR, a comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization…

**********
About a month after I up and left my only source of income, I suddenly came to the startling realization that I don’t really want to work for anybody else. I’m the only one who’ll ever really take care of me, so God dammit, I should be putting up my own empire instead! It could be something like DC inc. or Chris Enterprises… Sadly, my state of undue poverty automatically eliminates this fantasy. God, I hate being poor.

**********
I was watching Along Came Polly last week on HBO when it just dawned on me. I am exactly the personification of Ben Stiller’s character. Well, maybe a slightly tweaked version. His character is efficient and hardworking, whereas I’m perpetually late, and probably the laziest slacker-slash-procrastinator in the known universe. And if I want to start living my life anytime soon, I need to find myself a Polly… fast.

**********

Last night, I realized what actually made me stop watching Smallville. I had always held an admiration for the extraordinarily beautiful Kristin Kreuk, and I love her character, Lana Lang, on the show. But for some unknown reason, the writers of the show felt that Lana needed to become this sort of empowered girl, and I guess I wanted her to remain as that damsel-in-distress stereotype. After that, I just didn’t feel like I need to be that guy who saves her at the end of the day, or in this case, to be Superman at the end of the episode, so there’s really no need to watch the show anymore.

**********

Today I realized that I want to be a writer… more than anything else.




:p


***
Quotable quote, not necessarily related to this post, but noteworthy nonetheless:
"Men are obsessed with cleavage, women are obsessed with shoes. Everytime these things are presented to us, we have to look. We cannot not look." - Jerry Seinfeld, Seinfeld...

Blog Song of the Moment